Alex Crombie Van-Ewyk
Alex is a young Brisbane artist working across a range of mediums; including painting, drawing, textiles, jewellery design and mixed media.
Alex has had a strong interest in Japanese Manga art and cartoon illustrations for several years. Her paintings and drawings reflect this interest with the use of colour and pattern as important elements in her work.
Alex has exhibited in the Brisbane area over the past two years. Her work was selected by Accessible Arts NSW to be shown in the AART.BOXX Exhibition at the Sydney Opera House. Alex is currently working towards another solo exhibition.
Alex has Asperger’s Disorder.
- 2003 Winner of the Artforce ‘Best Series’ for Signal Boxes around North Brisbane
- 2005 ‘Art Stuff’ Solo Exhibition with ‘Hands on Art’
- 2005 ‘Cultural Award’ – Kelvin Grove State College
- 2007 AART.BOXX Exhibition
- 2008 ‘From Darkness to Light’ Group Exhibition
- 2008 Crossing Divides State Wide Exhibition
- 2009 Monte Lupo ‘Organical, Botanical, Mechanical’ Exhibition
- 2009 Outsiders Touring Exhibition
- 2009 Earth Vision
- 2005 Connect Magazine Article – ‘Art is a Window into Alex’s World’, Qld Government Disabilities Services
- 2005 City North News Article ‘Art Brightens Future’ (p.15)